What attitude should you expect from your VA – someone you won’t see that often but is managing aspects of your business?! This is probably one of the most important questions to ask yourself before hiring a Virtual Assistant for your small business.
My Boss reviewed me and told me:
“your organisational skills have transformed the office and you have a calming effect on me”
………and I was still on my 3-month probationary period!
The benefits of taking on a Virtual Assistant in your business is something that will change the way your business is run entirely! There are countless benefits to outsourcing all the tedious admin that is taking up so much of your valuable time. Let me elaborate… a VA can take on the following tasks on your behalf:
- Managing your entire calendar and arranging meetings on your behalf
- Handle your entire email inbox, alerting you to the urgent matters for your attention
- Scheduling your entire itinerary and booking of all your travel, so that your business trips are seamless and problem-free
- Check-in with your clients to make sure that they are well taken care of
- Opening and managing social media accounts to really get your brand out there
While there are loads more to add to this list, there is one vital point to take into consideration when taking on your VA. The world of virtual assistance has taken the world by storm and more and more virtual assistants are out there, reaching out to clients to assist their businesses. It is sad to say though that many clients do not always have the best possible experience with their VA’s.
Here are some important virtues to look for in your VA:
- Must be timeous
- Must be accountable
- Must be reliable
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to communicate well with you and really take an interest in what your business goals are
- Must handle your work with absolute care and be accountable to the tasks you have for her
- Must work extremely well with systems and be able to put processes in place for your business
- Must be professional enough to liaise with your clients on your behalf
- Must have excellent testimonials from people who have worked with her previously
Signs your VA is true quality:
- She responds to you timeously
- Takes the time to truly understand what you need from her
- She actions tasks well and pays 100% attention to the quality of her work
- Communicates well and is completely accountable to her tasks
- Delves into your business end game and shows interest in the success of your business
- Uses your retainer hours productively
- Has a passion for excellence and it shows!
- Identifies systems that would assist in organising your business
- Suggests different or easier ways to manage certain tasks
Where do you find someone like this? Does this person even exist?
I am a Global Virtual Assistant and the Chief Executive Officer at Reach-Your Virtual Assistance. I pride myself in the manner in which I conduct my own business. I provide my clients with executive high-level quality virtual admin tasks. I would love to have a chat with you to discuss your business goals. Please feel free to drop me an email here to get in touch: email@example.com .